In the past few years, the European Union intensified its efforts to favour a more environmentally- sustainable energy policy, demonstrating to be poised to take the lead at global level in the fight against climate change.
Directive 2008/28/EC identified the provision of accurate and reliable information as one of the key tools to achieve EU’s ambitious targets by 2020. These targets are set out in EU’s “Climate and Energy Package”:
• +20% renewable energy in final energy consumption;
• - 20% energy consumption vs. projected levels thanks to energy efficiency;
• - 20% greenhouse gas emissions
This is why Legislative Decree no. 28 of 2011 assigned GSE with the task of developing - in line with its mission - a web section dedicated to renewables and rational energy use.
In October 2011, GSE launched “Rinnova, verso il 2020”, a section of its website open to all types of users: citizens, public administrations, professionals and companies active in the sector. In this section, you may:
• download national, regional and European legislation and regulations on renewables, energy efficiency, climate, as well as energy and gas markets;
• read sector-specific studies and insights;
• have access to SIMERI, the Italian Renewable Energy Monitoring System, to monitor the status of achievement of the national target of 17% by 2020 and the trend of consumption covered by renewables;
• know regional and national authorisation procedures for installation of renewable-energy plants;
• discover and share the “Best Practices” of citizens, associations, companies and public administrations in terms of deployment of renewables, energy saving and efficiency and sustainable lifestyles.